Story Lines and Episodes
These are from more than twenty years ago, when I was teaching Eikaiwa in Takino-cho (which is now in Kato-shi). (They are located on a different server, www.page.sannet.ne.jp/.):
- The Door in the Wall
Three high school boys' with active imaginations made this one up. I translated it to English, printed it up, let them use it for practice the next week. See also, A World in a Wall, indexed below.
- Five telephone examples, including some prank answers
A business call, a family call, and three prank answers. These were by request for a business class that I taught in Takino-cho. Yeah, they were interested in the prank answers, too.
- A prank call that went too far
Or my imagination went too far. I dreamt this up while driving between classes in Takino-cho. This is a little high school romance that gets started from a prank call -- I want to turn it into a novel for high school kids, sometime.
These are on this server, mostly in this blog. Some of the story lines cross over. Some might get turned into novels or novellas. Almost all are constructed as conversation vignettes.
- The Adventures of Nishidani Sensei, an Elementary School Super-teacher
- Jack and Marcy, Open Sourcers Extraordinaire
- Tom and Mark's Adventures in the US (provisional name)
- Four Friends (provisional name)
- Are You Free? (freedom vs. having nothing specific to do)
- A New Retelling of Snow White (incomplete)
- Excerpts from Romeo and Juliet, retold
- Simplifying Life, a start of a rip-off of my own Ecomonimics 101 a Novel
- Pink Heels and Rusty, a little romantic flash fiction that appears to be the third or fourth chapter of a geek girl's story that I am working on.
- Me and Mrs. Jones, another flash fiction piece that might start a love story set in a background of corrupt officialdom
- A Smart Woodcutter's Woman of the Snow, a re-working of a Japanese traditional ghost story
- (More, as I find them or post them)
(Other threads of thought in this blog.)