2014-07-12

June 30th -- Travel, part 2, Passports

[Anne and Andy and their children are preparing for their upcoming family trip.
 アンとアンディと二人の子供たちが予定の家族旅行のために用意しています。
 Continues from here. ここからの続きです。
 See here for vocabulary. 単語についてはここを参照。]
 
Alex: Mom, that 'do looks scary.

Amy: I like it! Can I get my hair done, too?

Anne: Hmm. Well, Sweetheart, what do you think of my new hairdo?

Andy: I always like you just the way you are, new hairstyle or not.
  I do see some of the beautician's ideas.
  But the result is just fine.

Anne: I had him adjust the color a bit.

Andy: He did. Highlights here, tints there.
  Let's go get the passport pictures taken and see how they turn out.

Anne: What if I don't like the pictures?

Andy: Let's not worry about that now.

Anne: Does it look cheap?

Amy: No way, Mom!

Alex: How can something look expensive and cheap at the same time?

Andy: I think it looks just fine. Let's go.

================
[Later that afternoon, at the consulate. 
 その後、領事館にて。]
 
Amy: The passport pictures look great, Mom!

Alex: Mom, I'm sorry for teasing you about your hair.

Anne: The Frankenstein comment told me you were joking.

Alex: I'm glad you can read my mind sometimes.

Andy: First passport picture I've seen that looks like a movie star.

Anne: Thanks for your encouragement.
  I hope I didn't overdo it, though.

Agent: Next, please.

Andy: That's us.

Agent: Okay, let's look at your paperwork.
  Pictures in here too?

Andy: Right here.

Agent: Oh, who is this?

Anne: Oh, dear.

Andy: That's my wife, of course.

Agent: Just kidding. These pictures are just fine.

Anne: Oh, thank you.

Agent: Let me check the paperwork, and we'll call you back up.

Andy: Great. Thanks.

[Continues. 続き。]

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿